Excel as an Owner-Handler Bootcamp
An intense & interactive 6 weeks of coaching and instruction to become the BEST owner-handler! Includes weekly group coaching calls, 'homework', and more.
Only 20 seats available this session
Enrol between October 1 - 10 (or until the limit is reached)
Bootcamp starts (and all content is available) on October 11th!
Do you want to compete with the very best and win? Are you an owner-handler with questions and want the answers? Do want the secrets, tips and tricks from one of the all-time top winning handlers in the dog show world? If you have 6 weeks, we have the Bootcamp for you.
Information for Winner's Circle: Full School subscribers - we have reached capacity for our reserved Winner's Circle spots.
Enrol today - before we reach capacity or the end of the enrolment period on October 11th! You will receive all of the bootcamp content on October 11, 2021.
What you will receive:
- 6 weeks of coaching: Attend our weekly group coaching calls to ask your questions, learn from the questions of others, and get personalized help and interaction with Allison. Minimum 1.5 hour session.
- Interaction and reflection: Each week you will receive a survey form to tell us about your goals, progress, questions (etc.) to help you prepare for the weekly coaching call. This also helps Allison to prepare more personalized coaching in the weekly call.
- Week 1: Define your goals, make sure you have the right equipment, create a wish list. We discuss mentally preparing YOU as a handler. Coaching call #1 (October 15 @ 4PM PST).
- Week 2: Breed-specific grooming excellence. Fix your pain points. Tips and tricks for conditioning your dog physically and mentally. Coaching call #2 (October 22 @ 4PM PST).
- Week 3: Breed-specific handling excellence. How to train. Proper practice techniques. Using Happy Legs. The judge's exam. Coaching call #3 (November 1 @ 10AM PST).
- Week 4: How to pick shows and judges for success. What to wear and why. Accounting and costs of showing your dog. Coaching call #4 (November 8 @ 12PM PST).
- Week 5: The EXACT steps for maintenance. The EXACT steps for show prep. After-show care and recipes. Coaching call #5 (November 18 @ 4PM PST).
- Week 6: Designing your campaign. Photos, thank you's and more. Advertising tips and tricks. Additional topic as requested by the group in Week 4! Coaching call #6 (November 24 @ 4PM PST).
- Bonus content: Best Dog in 2 Minutes, Dog Show Theory, Enhancing and Correcting Coat Colour.
- Lifetime coaching: Once enrolled you will be invited to join ALL coaching calls on all further offerings (e.g. beyond your first 6-week period) for no additional fee. You can attend as many coaching calls as you'd like, in whatever order you'd like. As long as we're offering group coaching, you are welcome to join!
How it works:
- 6 weeks of recorded lessons are available for you on October 11th, 2021. You can work through them at your own pace: week-by-week (recommended), all at once, or whenever you have the time.
- All lessons and coaching take place virtually, through our online school and through Zoom meetings.
- In between weekly coaching calls, you fill out a survey to tell us your questions, progress, goals, etc. as relevant to that week's lesson. This will actually help you in determining what you need to work on, and it will help Allison to help you! This allows us to personalize the content and coaching to your needs.
- Each week for the 6-week Bootcamp period, there will be a live coaching call. There will be a Zoom meeting link and password available with the weekly lesson for everyone to join. You can join for the full time or just pop in to say hi, ask your question and leave.
- Between each week, you will be encouraged to complete the 'homework' for the week. This is an interactive experience! You will get the most out of it if you participate and do the work. (This, by the way, is how you will excel as an owner-handler!)
- We recommend that you participate in all 6 weeks of lessons and coaching for your first time around, if possible. We then hope you'll join us in future sessions as you have lifetime access to the group coaching calls!
- There is no limit to how many dogs or breeds you participate with, but we recommend that you focus on one individual dog, at least the first time around. This will allow you to get the most out of the 6 weeks!
- For Week 6, we will have a group vote on an additional topic. There will be a provided survey to let you request what additional topic you would like to see in our final week.
Winner's Circle subscribers
- ***All of the free seats we have reserved for Winner's Circle members have filled*** Currently, only a few paid spots remain. Thank you Winner's Circle students for your enthusiasm! We will announce the next Bootcamp session as soon as we have those details so that you may join for free with your subscription.
If you need any help with enrolment or about Bootcamp, please email [email protected] We're so excited to bring you this interactive experience!
I showed my first dog in Junior Handling when I was 7 years old, I went 5th out of 5 in a junior handling class, I cried, but despite that humble beginning I was instantly hooked!
Believing that you should always do what you love, I became a professional handler in 1987 and I have been presenting Canada's (and the world’s) top dogs ever since. With more than 550 All-Breed Best in Shows, I am proud to have been highly awarded at such prestigious shows as Crufts, the World Dog Show, Westminster Kennel Club and the AKC Invitational. As well I have had Top Dog All breeds in Canada 3 separate times, all three dogs are still record holder’s in their own right.
In addition to my wins as an all-breed handler, I have spent more than 30 years perfecting the art of presenting one of the dog world's most difficult breeds to master: The Poodle. Today, I am internationally recognized as one of the world's most talented and experienced Poodle handlers. I have presented seminars on grooming Poodles all over this planet. . I am also the Creative Educational Advisor and Specialist for Chris Christensen Systems.
I have proven that hard work, dedication and passion can take you absolutely everywhere in this wonderful sport, which is why I am committed to supporting, promoting and giving back to the dog community. Currently, I am President of the Canadian Professional Dog Handlers Association, Vice-President of the Canadian Kennel Club Foundation, I have been CKC Junior Handling representative for both Nova Scotia and South Western Ontario. I am a regular contributor to dog magazines in several countries. I have mentored several of the Top Professional Handlers in the USA and Canada as well as coached 3 Juniors to win the Canadian National one of whom went on to win Crufts World Junior Handling Competition.
In 2017, I launched Leading Edge Dog Show Academy, the world's first on-line dog show training school. My mission is to help mentor a new generation of dog show enthusiasts through innovative video-based grooming and handling lessons. LEDSA has won the award for Best On-line Education each year since it’s inception. I look forward to working with enthusiastic students as they perfect their skills on the way to the winner's circle.
Sit back, as I bring a lifetime of grooming and handling lessons to video, here at Leadingedge Dog Show Academy.