Bernese Mountain Dog 101
Learn to groom your Bernese Mountain Dog from breeder, owner, handler and groomer, Kim Groves! In this detailed course we demonstrate and explain the steps of the dry, which products and tools to use, show trimming, prepping for the show ring, and more.Enroll in Course
You will come away with take-action-today inspiration and technical know-how of how to groom your Bernese Mountain Dog with ease and confidence. We will discuss the bath and recommended products and setting yourself up for success. Each step of the dry - from top to bottom - are demonstrated and explained step-by-step. You will learn about how to trim your Berner, starting with raking the coat all the way to trimming finishing touches for the show ring. One of our most requested tutorials, trimming the feet and the hocks, is also demonstrated. Techniques and products for grooming at the show and for maintenance are also discussed.
You will learn not only how but why we groom Bernese Mountain Dogs the way we do and be equipped with the skills and knowledge to do so yourself!
WHAT YOU GET!
- 25+ Instructional video modules
- Detailed descriptions of each video
- Comprehensive diagrams
- Kim’s tips and tricks
- Equipment and product lists complete with video instruction
- Downloadable/printable e-book that you can take with you anywhere
- Course completion certificate
- Self-paced instruction
- Lifetime access!
- No complicated time zones. Learn whenever you want!
- Videos, e-book and diagrams to help you succeed!
Get started now!
My name is Kim Groves and I share my life with a few lovely Bernese. I have been involved in Bernese Mountain Dogs for 30 years. I was first introduced to this breed by my mother Sharon when she set out to find the perfect breed for our family. I now run a small breeding program under the ‘Avatar’ prefix.
I have been fortunate enough to have handled, prepared and conditioned several great Bernese over the years, to amazing wins. I have won multiple American and Canadian National Specialty Best of Breeds, Best of Breed at Westminster Kennel Club with different dogs, as well as holding the record for the most Best in Shows won by a Bernese Mountain Dog. I have been fortunate to have been trusted with and been able to care for, condition, prepare and handle some of the best in our breed!
I was the breeder-owner-handler of Canada’s Top Dog of All Breeds in 2009 - Avatar’s Try Try Again aka “Ty”. He obtained 41 All-Breed Best in Shows as well as 11 Best in Specialty Show wins.
Over the years of showing Bernese, I have learned a lot of tricks and techniques to keep their coat in top condition and to be able to maintain a finished look for long term results - and I am very excited to share those tips with you in this course!
How we approach grooming/showing our dogs determine our success.
With more than 30 years in the breed and success as a breeder, owner, handler and groomer, Kim brings her skill and experience to the course. You will be motivated and entertained as you learn the skills and techniques to get your dog into the winner's circle with confidence and consistency.
Who should take this course
- People who want to learn how to groom their Bernese Mountain Dog
- People who want to improve their grooming skills with confidence
- People who love step-by-step concise and consistent instruction by the world’s best teachers
- People who want to groom their dog and create a “brand“ that is recognizable around the world (and in the ring!)
- People who want to learn, get tips, be supported by a group and win!
- People who strive to be the best and are seeking world class coaching and support
- In conclusion... this course is for everyone!
Questions? Email [email protected] and we'll get you answers!