The Continental Trim: Finishing, Critiquing & Troubleshooting (Part 3)
Live webinar on Thursday, September 29th @ 5PM PDT. Allison demonstrates how to finish the Continental Trim for the show ring, including the spray-up. We will cover troubleshooting and critique YOUR trims by photo submission!Enroll in Course
*NEW* WEBINAR DATE: Thursday, September 29th @ 5PM PDT (2 hour webinar)
Due to unforeseen circumstances we've had to move the webinar to Thursday, September 29th at 5PM PT. Thank you for your understanding!
Now that we've discussed the important lines and concepts behind the Continental Trim, in Part 1, and we've demonstrated this trim step-by-step, in Part 2, it's time to finish, troubleshoot and critique the Continental!
- "Finishing" topics: Allison will spray up her Standard Poodle, live! We will talk about bringing the spray up and the trim together, how to 'put on a finish', troubleshooting the trim in the final steps, and finishing touches for the show ring.
- "Troubleshooting" topics: How to avoid common mistakes with this trim in the show ring.
- "Critiquing" section: Here we want to see your trims! Submit your own photos, and videos, of your Poodles in Continental and Allison will critique them for you in the webinar.
As always, our curated Q&A is here to help with any and all questions. The deadline to submit questions, photos and videos (including critique photos) is Monday, September 26th @ midnight PDT. Use the form provided once enrolled, and your question & answer will be featured in the webinar.
As always, this webinar includes access to the live broadcast, the curated and live Q&A sessions, and unlimited access to the webinar recording and downloadable e-book. For the curated Q&A, we encourage you to submit any and all questions on ANY TOPIC. Just use the form provided in this course before the deadline. You can also ask any other questions in the live Q&A session at the end of the webinar.
- You will NOT receive a link to join the webinar by email. The link to join the webinar and all other information you need is included in this course.
- The webinar recording and downloadable e-book will be uploaded within 48 hours of the live event.
- The deadline for the Q&A and photos and videos is Monday, September 26th @ midnight PST.
- The live webinar time is in Pacific Time (PST/PDT). If you're not the Pacific time zone, remember to convert the time.
- If you have any questions about the webinar logistics, please email [email protected]
**Special offer at checkout - 50% off our webinar course
'The Poodle Puppy Trim!**
I showed my first dog in Junior Handling when I was 7 years old, I went 5th out of 5 in a junior handling class, I cried, but despite that humble beginning I was instantly hooked!
Believing that you should always do what you love, I became a professional handler in 1987 and I have been presenting Canada's (and the world’s) top dogs ever since. With more than 550 All-Breed Best in Shows, I am proud to have been highly awarded at such prestigious shows as Crufts, the World Dog Show, Westminster Kennel Club and the AKC Invitational. As well I have had Top Dog All breeds in Canada 3 separate times, all three dogs are still record holder’s in their own right.
In addition to my wins as an all-breed handler, I have spent more than 30 years perfecting the art of presenting one of the dog world's most difficult breeds to master: The Poodle. Today, I am internationally recognized as one of the world's most talented and experienced Poodle handlers. I have presented seminars on grooming Poodles all over this planet. . I am also the Creative Educational Advisor and Specialist for Chris Christensen Systems.
I have proven that hard work, dedication and passion can take you absolutely everywhere in this wonderful sport, which is why I am committed to supporting, promoting and giving back to the dog community. Currently, I am President of the Canadian Professional Dog Handlers Association, Vice-President of the Canadian Kennel Club Foundation, I have been CKC Junior Handling representative for both Nova Scotia and South Western Ontario. I am a regular contributor to dog magazines in several countries. I have mentored several of the Top Professional Handlers in the USA and Canada as well as coached 3 Juniors to win the Canadian National one of whom went on to win Crufts World Junior Handling Competition.
In 2017, I launched Leading Edge Dog Show Academy, the world's first on-line dog show training school. My mission is to help mentor a new generation of dog show enthusiasts through innovative video-based grooming and handling lessons. LEDSA has won the award for Best On-line Education each year since it’s inception. I look forward to working with enthusiastic students as they perfect their skills on the way to the winner's circle.
Sit back, as I bring a lifetime of grooming and handling lessons to video, here at Leadingedge Dog Show Academy.