Let's talk about the unique grooming needs of our wire-coated breeds!
This webinar is for all of our wire-coated breed owners! Whether you have a wire-coated Terrier, a Toy breed like a Brussels Griffon or Affenpinscher, a Schnauzer of any variety, Wire-Haired Sporting Dogs such as the Wire-Haired Pointing Griffon... this webinar will cover your grooming needs!
We will discuss the different 'types' of wire coats, the best products to use, grooming schedules, rolling the coat, flatwork, the importance of texture, and much more.
Our full list of topics will include...
- Introduction to the uniqueness (and diversity!) of wire-coated breeds
- Wire-coat maintenance and coat care
- How to maintain a grooming schedule for wire-coated breeds
- Should you shampoo your wire-coat’s topcoat? Should you use conditioner?
- Pulling, stripping, raking, carding, trimming - what does it all mean?
- Introduction to flatwork
- Video demonstrations of flatwork
- Introduction to rolling the coat
- Video demonstrations of rolling the coat
- Introduction to trimming and pulling furnishings
- Video demonstrations of furnishings
- Recommended equipment for wire-coated breeds
- Introduction to pre-show grooming
- Overview of show-day grooming
This webinar was originally broadcast on November 22md, 2023. Enroll now for unlimited access to our webinar recording, ebook, and supplementary diagrams and videos.