Join our upcoming webinar! | Thursday October 19th @ 4pm PT
The road to improving your handling techniques might take you some time... but in the meantime, there's lots of things you CAN learn & improve on to make sure you stand out as a novice handler for all of the right reasons (and not the wrong reasons!).
In this webinar, we to share with you some of the things we find novice handlers often struggle with; ring procedure, following judge instructions, having the proper equipment to handle your dog, how to calmly yet efficiently move through the ring procedure, how to collect your dog (and yourself) before gaiting... there is LOTS you can improve while you continue to practice on becoming a better handler.
You will walk away from this knowing more about...
- General ring procedure
- How to know a judge's specific ring procedure
- How to know what the judge will ask (before they ask it)
- How to communicate with the judge and ring steward
- Showing your dog in a breed-specific manner
- Having breed-specific equipment (e.g. proper lead & collar)
- How to enter the ring
- How to leave the ring
- Knowing when you are needed in the ring
- Having control over your dog in the ring
- When (and when not) to use a courtesy turn
- Mastering the judge's exam
- Don’t rush, take your time (to an extent)
- Collect your dog and yourself
- Have confidence in the ring!
Note: In this webinar we will share some tips for handling "how-to's" (stacking, gaiting, free-baiting techniques) but largely the tips we share will have to do with ring procedure knowledge.